IPR Notification Policy
- World of Trade FZCO respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires its users to do the same. We are willing to work with rights holders and help them enforce their rights against any users who advertise products for sale on our website, or post material on our website, which infringe third party intellectual property rights.
- If you are aware of a user:
- offering any products for sale; or
- posting materials,
on our website which may infringe your intellectual property rights, please send us a request at [email protected] with following information:
- Each respective URL;
- Rights Holders´ rights;
- Nature of infringement;
- Description of infringement;
- By submitting your IPR Notification form to us, you agree to indemnify us (and our officers, employees and agents), and hold us harmless from, any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses that we incur arising directly or indirectly out of our removal of a product listing or material complained of, or issuing a warning to the user complained about, or our temporary or permanent suspension of the account of the user you have complained about.
- Upon receipt of your IPR Notification request, we will:
- Acknowledge receipt;
- Review the IPR Notification to check that:
- you are authorised to file the IPR Notification on behalf of the rights holder;
- you have provided sufficient detail about your rights; and
- Prima facie, the product listing or material complained of infringes your rights.
- After having reviewed your IPR Notification request:
- if we require further information, we may ask you further questions;
- if we do not believe your rights have been infringed, we will notify you that no further action will take place;
- if we are satisfied with the information you have provided and believe that your rights may have been infringed, we will take one or more of the following actions (although we are not obliged to take any particular action and the action we choose to take is determined at our own discretion):
- Immediately remove the product listing or material complained about;
- Issue a warning to the user;
- Temporarily restrict or suspend the user´s website account (this is usually reserved for serious cases, or repeat offenders);
- Permanently remove the user´s website account (this is usually reserved for serious cases or repeat offenders).
- Please note that we cannot disclose personal information about users to any third party unless:
- the user consents to us doing so;
- you obtain a court order compelling us to disclose such information; or
- We are requested to disclose such information to an administrative body of a governmental authority which has responsibility for intellectual property rights enforcement.
- We will notify the user about any IPR Notification submitted and the measures we have taken. We will provide the user with your contact details in case they wish to deal with you directly.
- If the user denies that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, or otherwise objects to the measures we have taken, they may notify us in writing of their objections. If we accept the user´s objections, we may (at our absolute discretion) reinstate the product listing or materials complained about, or reverse any account suspension, and notify you (the rights holder) accordingly. In such case, we will not repeat the removal of such product listing or material complained about, unless you notify us that you have commenced proceedings in a court of competent jurisdiction for those activities about which you have complained.
IPR Notification Guidelines & Checklist
Please review the Guidelines at the end before emailing us the IPR notification:
By emailing us this IPR Notification you solemnly and sincerely declare that:
- You are either the owner of certain intellectual property rights (´Rights Holder´), or the Rights Holder´s authorised agent;
- You have a good faith belief that the listings you complain about either offer products or include certain material that is not authorised by the Rights Holder, or its agent and that the sale of such products or display of such materials infringe the rights of the Rights Holder;
- The information in this notice is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief;
- The Rights Holder has agreed to indemnify World of Trade FZCO (and its officers, employees and agents), and hold it harmless from, any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred arising directly or indirectly out of World of Trade FZCO´s removal of a product listing or material complained of, its issuing a warning to the user complained about, or its temporary or permanent suspension of the account of the user complained about.
If either World of Trade or the subject of this notification wishes to contact you, they may do so as follows:
- Rights Holder name:
- Name and title of the person submitting the notice (Author):
- Author company address:
- Rights Holder address:
- Author´s Company name
- Email address:
Guidelines to complete IPR Notification
Please read the following guidelines before completing the IPR Notification:
Declaration-please ensure you have read and understood the declaration and the indemnity.
Contact information- the information you provide here will be used by World of Trade to communicate with you. World of Trade may also pass these contact details to the user complained about in order that it can contact you directly. You should therefore think carefully about the information you include in this section.
Product listing or material complained about:
- URL of concern: please provide the links for each of the product listings or materials complained about.
- Rights Holders´ rights: please describe your rights fully i.e. any relevant territories, registration numbers, application or registration dates. Please also attach any registrations on which you rely.
- Nature of the infringement: provide brief details of the nature of the infringement e.g. "Product infringes trade mark", "Content infringes trade mark", "Product infringes copyright", "Content infringes copyright".
- Description of the infringement: please describe how your rights have been infringed e.g. "the product is not made by the Rights Holder, or with its authorisation", "the material contains an unlawful use of the trade mark because....", "the product is an unlawful copy of a work in which we own copyright", "the material contains an unlawful copy of our copyright material".